If you are looking for high-quality dental implants in Phoenix, Arizona, you’ve come to the right place. Agave Dental uses state-of-the-art technology and professional-grade materials to help you achieve a stunning yet natural-looking smile with dental implants. We expertly place and restore dental implants to work just as well as natural teeth.
The procedure for dental implant treatment
Agave Dental is different from other dental offices that offer dental implants. We handle all the dental implant processes in-house from start to finish — no need to refer you to another office.
Want to restore your smile with dental implants? These are the steps involved:
- Implant consultation: Whether you are missing teeth due to extensive cavities or gum disease, we can help you with tooth replacement.
The first step is determining if dental implants are the right treatment for you. Your general medical health and bone quality are key factors to ensure you are eligible for implant treatment. We use digital X-rays and CT scans to evaluate your dental condition and plan your case.
- Pre-surgery procedures: Some patients have lost a substantial amount of bone due to tooth loss or gum disease. Often this will require bone grafting prior to implant placement
- Implant surgery: We use state-of-the-art dental equipment to carefully plan your treatment for precise implant placement. After numbing your gums, we surgically insert a titanium implant in your jaw. Then, we place a healing cap and suture the surgical site to begin healing. We use modern anesthetics and sedation dentistry to optimize your comfort
- Healing: Implants require three to six months to fuse with your jawbone through osseointegration. To ensure successful integration and less risk of implant “rejection,” follow your dentist’s instructions and maintain oral hygiene
- Abutment placement: Once the implant integrates into the jawbone, the next step is to take an impression in order for a dental lab to make an abutment and crown. Sometimes, another healing cap is placed to help shape the gums.
- Restoration: Depending on the number of teeth lost, we’ll place a natural-looking crown, bridge, or denture to replace your teeth. This will be the only visible component of your dental implant, as the abutment and titanium post remain buried in the gums
While the entire dental implant process takes several months to complete, the results are life-changing. Dental implants restore your smile to its pre-edentulous state. This way, you can smile, eat, and talk without worrying about your teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
Ask any dentist the gold standard of teeth replacement, and they’ll quickly respond: dental implants. Implant-based restorations aren’t celebrated for the sake of it. They offer numerous practical cosmetic and functional benefits.
Some benefits include:
- Halt jawbone loss by stimulating your jawbone, just like natural teeth
- Can stay for a lifetime with proper care
- Prevent the other teeth from shifting
- Restore your oral function to nearly 100%
- Look, feel, and work like natural teeth
- Restore your self-confidence
Bothered by unsightly gaps in your mouth? Dental implants are excellent solutions to restore your smile’s aesthetics and function.
If you are in Phoenix, AZ, please call (602) 932-1235 to schedule a free consultation with Agave Dental.
Share this Article